Each year many thousands of people learn to drive. The role of the driving instructor (ADI) has changed considerably over the last few years.
The modern, professional instructor offers
- L Driver Tuition.
- Motorway Tuition.
- Advanced Driver Training.
- Defensive Driver Training.
- Classroom Tuition and Home Studies.
- Vehicle Maintenance Training
Learning to drive is preparation for a life long skill. A properly trained Approved Driving Instructor teaches in a methodical way using structured courses with clearly defined objectives.
If you are interested in Road Safety and enjoy both driving and meeting people, and in addition would like to run your own business then this could be the start of a new, worthwhile career.
FARNWORTH SCHOOL OF MOTORING WILL STRUCTURE YOUR TRAINING
TO SUIT YOUR PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS.
All training is carried out from our premises at Kearsley, Bolton
Instructor Training Offer
Receive a 20% discount when you pay for the FULL Instructor Training course parts 1, 2 & 3 in advance.
The total training package offer price is £2736.00
For maximum training benefit Parts 1, 2 and 3 are strongly recommended. Students applying for the full ADI training course qualify for free additional training if needed, providing all three Parts were been booked and paid for in advance. This will apply for 12 months from the commencement of Part 1. There is also the benefit of a discount. Please enquire for details.
1) Hold a full British or Northern Ireland unrestricted car driving licence.
2) Held your driving licence for a total of at least 4 out of the past 6 years prior to entering the Register after qualifying, but a foreign licence, an automatic car driving or a provisional licence held after passing the driving test, all count towards the 4 years.
N.B. You are eligible to apply for the first of the ADI examinations before the 4 year period, but must have held a full licence for 4 years before taking the second (Driving) examination.
3) Not been disqualified from driving at any time in the four year period prior to being entered in the Register.
4) Be a fit and proper person to have your name entered in the Register. All convictions still in force, including motoring offences, will be taken into account when assessing your suitability to be entered in the Register.
5) Be able to read a car number plate at a distance of 27.5m (90) where letters and numbers are 79.4mm (3.1/8) tall in good daylight, with the help of glasses or contact lenses if worn.
Suitability Assessment £65.00
If you are uncertain about your suitability to become an ADI, this assessment (at our Bolton premises) will help you to decide. It consists of an interview, a driving test and a short written test based on the Highway Code and other relevant subjects. If you are successful and go ahead with the training the £65.00 Suitability Assessment fee will be deducted from the full course fee.